Stumped? Here are a few hints.
- When he answered an ad to audition to replace one of the band’s original members, Gabriel was the one who responded to his query.
- He was still in Genesis after Gabriel left the band following the 1974 double album The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.
- He only lasted just two more albums before he, too, left the band.
Answer: Steve Hackett
- This artist was the original lead singer of Genesis. He celebrates his 68th birthday today and we will play one of his solo songs on the 1@1.
- Peter Gabriel was born today in 1950 in the UK. He was the lead singer of Genesis before launching his very successful solo career in 1975. Peter Gabriel on the 1@1.