ABRACADABRA – Steve Miller Band
#1 September 4, 1982
- Poisoned Tylenol scare occurred when seven people died after taking pain-relief capsules that had been poisoned.
- Falkland Islands war between Great Britain & Argentina started on Friday, 2 April 1982 with the Argentine invasion and occupation of the Falkland Islands it lasted 74 days.
- Time magazine named the computer “Man of the Year”. The first object ever to receive the distinction.
- The 1982 Lebanon War began on June 6, 1982, when the Israel Defense Forces invaded southern Lebanon.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
- MOVIES: Tootsie, Tron, Blade Runner and E.T.
- T.V.: “Fame”, “T.J. Hooker”, “Cagney & Lacey”, “Late Night with David Letterman”
- Jane Fonda was an exercise “Guru”
- Diet Coke was new on the soft drink scene.
- By the end of the 80’s CD’s would be out selling vinyl records!
- John McCain is elected to the United States House of Representatives.
- John Belushi: Died from a speedball, a combination of cocaine and heroin.
- Henry Fonda: The American Film Institute named him the sixth Greatest Male Star of All Time.
- Abracadabra is the twelfth album by The Steve Miller Band.
- Third Number One.
- This song holds the record for the biggest drop out of the Top 10/Top 40 on the Hot 100. In the fall of 1982, as the song was moving down the chart, "Abracadabra" fell 38 spots from #10 to #48 in one week.
- Certified Platinum in the United States.
- First guitar chords were taught to him by 6-string legend Les Paul.
- The Steve Miller Band with Abracadabra…Your #1 @ 1 from September 1982.