• Poisoned Tylenol scare occurred when seven people died after taking pain-relief capsules that had been poisoned.
• Falkland Islands war between Great Britain & Argentina started on Friday, 2 April 1982 with the Argentine invasion and occupation of the Falkland Islands it lasted 74 days.
• Time magazine named the computer “Man of the Year”. The first object ever to receive the distinction.
• The 1982 Lebanon War began on June 6, 1982, when the Israel Defense Forces invaded southern Lebanon.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• MOVIES: Tootsie, Tron, Blade Runner and E.T.
• T.V.: “Fame”, “T.J. Hooker”, “Cagney & Lacey”, “Late Night with David Letterman”
• Jane Fonda was an exercise “Guru”
• Diet Coke was new on the soft drink scene.
• By the end of the 80’s CD’s would be out selling vinyl records!
• John McCain is elected to the United States House of Representatives.
• John Belushi: Died from a speedball, a combination of cocaine and heroin.
• Henry Fonda: The American Film Institute named him the sixth Greatest Male Star of All Time.
• Abracadabra is the twelfth album by The Steve Miller Band.
• Third Number One.
• This song holds the record for the biggest drop out of the Top 10/Top 40 on the Hot 100. In the fall of 1982, as the song was moving down the chart, "Abracadabra" fell 38 spots from #10 to #48 in one week.
• Certified Platinum in the United States.
• First guitar chords were taught to him by 6-string legend Les Paul.
• The Steve Miller Band with Abracadabra…Your #1 @ 1 from September 1982.