• We were stunned at the sight over Cape Canaveral Florida in early 1986 as the space shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after take off killing all 7 astronauts on board.
• The Russians launched the Mir space station into orbit
• The world’s worst nuclear disaster took place at Chernobyl.
• We watched as Al Capone’s secret vault was opened only to find a half bottle of moonshine.
• “Captain Midnight” was technically savvy enough to interrupt HBO’s satellite feed for nearly 5 minutes.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• MOVIES: “Platoon”, “Top Gun” & “Aliens”.
• T.V.: “A.M. Chicago” changes its name to “The Oprah Winfrey Show” and Frank Zappa appears on an episode of the popular television series “Miami Vice.” Zappa portrays a crime boss named "Mr. Frankie".
• Microsoft introduces “Windows”
• 1986 was the International Year of Peace.
• “Hands Across America” was an idea to bring attention to famine in Africa & homelessness here in the U.S.
• Donna Reed
• Desi Arnaz
• Cary Grant
• On the Riptide album
• Originally intended to be a duet with Chaka Khan, her record company at the time wouldn't grant her a release to work on Palmer's label.
• The guitar part on the song is played by Andy Taylor, then a member of Duran Duran.
• The music video ranked at number 3 on VH1's Top 20 Videos of the 1980s.
• “Addicted to Love” your #1 @ 1 from May 1986.