• The United States returned to space for the first time in over 2 years since the Challenger disaster.
• A Pan Am 747 exploded in the skies above Lockerbie Scotland, brought down by a terrorist bomb.
• The Reverend Jimmy Swaggart was caught red-handed bedding prostitute.
• Az. Governor Ev Mecham is impeached and removed from office.
• Sonny Bono was took the oath of office as the Mayor of Palm Springs.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• T.V: “Roseanne” “The Wonder Years” & “Murphy Brown”
• MOVIES: Rain Man, Roger Rabbit and a Beetlejuice
• CD’s outsold vinyl records for the first time.
• Roy Orbison
• Devine (Actor)
• Andy Gibb
• Enzo Ferrari
• From Poison's second album Open Up And Say... Ahh!.
• The inspiration for the song came from a night when he was in a laundromat waiting for his clothes to dry, and called his girlfriend on a pay phone. Michaels said he heard a male voice in the background and was devastated; he said he went home and wrote Every Rose Has Its Thorn as a result.
• The recording sessions for "Every Rose" were fraught with infighting and squabbles between band members. The rest of the band wasn’t into the song.
• Poison hit the top chart spot with “Every Rose has its Thorn”
• Your #1@1 from December 1988