FAME – David Bowie
#1 September 20th, 1975
- President Ford escapes 2 assassination attempts!
- John N. Mitchell, H. R. Haldeman and John Ehrlichman are found guilty of the Watergate cover-up.
- NASA launches the Viking 1 planetary probe toward Mars.
- The Edmund Fitzgerald sinks into immortality.
- Jimmy Hoffa disappears!
- The Weather Underground bombs the U.S. State Department main office in Washington, D.C.. (The Weather Underground was an American radical left organization.)
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
- MOVIES: “Jaws” “Dog Day Afternoon” & “One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest”
- T.V.: “Saturday Night Live”, “Wheel of Fortune”, “Baretta”, “Barney Miller”, and “Welcome Back, Kotter”
- The skateboarding fad put an average of 20 boarders a week in the hospital.
- The Pet Rock thought up by Gary Dahl made him rich overnight.
- The “VCR” would wildly change how we watched TV.
- Mohammad Ali beat Joe Frazier in the “Thrilla in Manila”
- Foolish Pleasure won the Kentucky Derby
- Microsoft is founded.
- Atari’s home version of “Pong” was the hot video game.
- Rod Serling
- Larry & Moe of the 3 Stooges
- From the Young Americans album.
- Lennon's voice is heard singing the repeated words "FAME, FAME, FAME" with his voice heard at a fast, normal, and slow track, making it sound like a recording on the fast and slow speeds.
- David Bowie took the top slot for the very first time with “Fame” Your #1 @ 1 from September 1975.