• Lyndon Johnson was sworn in for his first full term as President
• Bombing of North Viet Nam intensifies.
• Civil Rights demonstrations became bigger.
• The Voting Rights Act of 1965 would be signed into law
• The Watts neighborhood of Los Angeles exploded into a riot that killed 34 and injured over 1,000!
• The first of the “Draft Card Burnings” begin.
• Malcolm X is assassinated.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• MOVIES: “Dr. Zhivago” & “Sound of Music” grace the silver screen.
• T.V.: “Green Acres” , “Batman” and “A Charlie Brown Christmas” debuts.
• This was the first year the U.S. quit using silver in its coins.
• The song is noted for its drum intro by Charlie Watts and twin guitars by Brian Jones and Keith Richards.
• "'Get off of My Cloud' was basically a response to people knocking on our door asking us for the follow up to 'Satisfaction'...
• The Rolling Stones, also known as the Anti-Beatles.
• The Rolling Stones “Get Off Of My Cloud” your #1@1 from November 1965.