• 3 of our astronauts die in the Apollo 1 fire.
• Jimmy Hoffa begins his 8-year sentence for attempting to bribe a jury.
• Viet Nam continued to dominate the nightly news as
• The Middle East erupts in a 6-day war.
• China explodes its first Hydrogen bomb.
• Albert DeSalvo (The Boston Strangler) is convicted of numerous crimes and sentenced to life in prison.
• The first heart transplant is performed.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• MOVIES: “Georgie Girl” “To Sir With Love” and “The Graduate” were on the big screens.
• T.V.: Carol Burnett and the Smothers Brothers both debuted variety shows on television.
• 400 million viewers watch Our World, the first live, international, satellite television production. It features the live debut of The Beatles' song "All You Need is Love".
• The Summer of Love was looming…Hundreds of thousands of us, including Beatle George Harrison, would flock to the Haight-Ashbury district of San Francisco to “Be In” with like minded souls…
• The Monterey Pop Festival that featured the first major American appearances by the Who, Janis Joplin & Jimi Hendrix!
• The Doors' self-titled debut album is released.
• Movies were sold on videotape for the first time.
• The band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1997.
• This song is ranked number 325 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time list.
• Getting its inspiration from the New York club telling us what Sunday afternoons were really for.
• The Young Rascals with “Groovin’” your #1 @ 1 from May 1967