• During a visit to Berlin, Germany, President Ronald Reagan challenges Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall.
• Iran-Contra came to light in November 1986. During the Reagan administration, senior U.S. figures, agreed to facilitate the sale of arms to Iran.
• Prozac hit the market and quickly became the third most prescribed antidepressant. (as of 2007)
• The Iraqis lob a couple of missiles into the USS Stark killing 37 sailors.
• Pi is calculated out to 134 million decimal places with no end in sight.
• It was the year of the “Black Monday” stock market fall.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• TV: “The Cosby Show,” “Rosanne” and “Murder She Wrote”
• MOVIES: “Moonstruck”, “Fatal Attraction”, “3 Men & a Baby”, “Dirty Dancing”, “Good Morning Viet Nam” and “Lethal Weapon”.
• Aretha Franklin became the first woman inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
• More channels came to TV, networks like “Movietime” we know it as “E!” now.
• This was the last year until 2013 with four distinct digits.
• This is the second track from U2’s The Joshua Tree album.
• It became the band's second consecutive number-one single on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
• The song originated from a demo that the band created in a jam session.
• Rolling Stone magazine placed the song at number 93 of its list of "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time"
• The staff of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame selected "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" as one of 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll.
• Here’s U2 with”I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” your #1@1 from August of 1987.