• Gorbachev becomes leader of USSR.
• The exact location of the Titanic was found after 73 years under the sea.
• The P.R.M.C. would hold its first hearings on Capitol Hill about rock censorship with Frank Zappa & John Denver both testifying firmly against it.
• The Achille Lauro cruise ship is hijacked.
• Halley’s Comet came back
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• MOVIES: “Cocoon” “Back to the Future” and “The Breakfast Club”
• T.V.: “Moonlighting” & “The Golden Girls” premier.
• Billy Joel marries Christie Brinkley.
• David Lee Roth leaves Van Halen and The Police call it quits.
• New Coke debuted
• Rock Hudson announces has AIDS and then quickly dies from it
• Orson Wells
• It was the first single released from the album Agent Provocateur
• The song features backing vocals from the New Jersey Mass Choir, Dreamgirls star Jennifer Holliday, and the Thompson Twins.
• The choir appears in the song's music video.
• The single's B-Side "Street Thunder (Marathon Theme)" is an instrumental track originally appearing on The Official Music of the XXIII Olympiad - Los Angeles 1984
• The song has been used many times in movies and television including Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
• Here's Foreigner with “I Want to Know What Love Is” your #1@1 from February 1985