I WANT TO KNOW WHAT LOVE IS – Foreigner
#1 – February 2nd, 1985
- Gorbachev becomes leader of USSR.
- The exact location of the Titanic was found after 73 years under the sea.
- The P.R.M.C. would hold its first hearings on Capitol Hill about rock censorship with Frank Zappa & John Denver both testifying firmly against it.
- The Achille Lauro cruise ship is hijacked.
- Halley’s Comet came back
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
- MOVIES: “Cocoon” “Back to the Future” and “The Breakfast Club”
- T.V.: “Moonlighting” & “The Golden Girls” premier.
- Billy Joel marries Christie Brinkley.
- David Lee Roth leaves Van Halen and The Police call it quits.
- New Coke debuted
- Rock Hudson announces has AIDS and then quickly dies from it
- Orson Wells
- It was the first single released from the album Agent Provocateur
- The song features backing vocals from the New Jersey Mass Choir,Dreamgirls star Jennifer Holliday, and the Thompson Twins.
- The choir appears in the song's music video.
- The single's B-Side "Street Thunder (Marathon Theme)" is an instrumental track originally appearing on The Official Music of the XXIII Olympiad - Los Angeles 1984
- The song has been used many times in movies and television including Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
- Foreigner“I Want to Know What Love Is”Your #1@1 from February 1985