• Microsoft is founded.
• Frazer and Ali fight the “Thrilla in Manila”
• President Ford escapes 2 assassination attempts!
• 1st Class Stamp is $.10
• The Vietnam War ends as Communist forces take Saigon
• Teamsters Union president Jimmy Hoffa is reported missing.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• MOVIES “Jaws” “One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest”
• Springsteen showed up on the cover of both Newsweek & Time in the same week!
• 8-Track Tapes (Created in 1964 by a consortium led by Bill Lear of Lear Jet Corporation, along with Ampex, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Motorola and RCA.
• “Saturday Night Live” premiers.
• “All in the Family” “Maude” “Lavern & Shirley” & “Sanford & Son”
• Wheel of Fortune premieres on NBC.
• Aristotle Onassis died at age 71, on March 15, 1975 in France
• Rod Serling Died June 28, 1975 He was known as the angry young man of Hollywood, clashing with television executives and sponsors over a wide range of issues including censorship, racism, and anti-war politics.
• Ozzie Nelson Died June 3, 1975, he became an Eagle Scout at 13 and was a recipient of the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award from the Boy Scouts of America.
• Elton John
• Born Reginald Kenneth Dwight, 25 March 1947
• In his four-decade career, he has sold more than 250 million records.
• He played a Pinball Wizard in the movie “Tommy”
• He owed much of his success during the mid-1970s to his concert performances. He filled arenas and stadiums worldwide, and was arguably the hottest act in the rock world.
• He went to the top of the charts by covering a Beatles song. Here’s Elton doing “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds”… You’re #1 @ 1 from January 1975.