• Microsoft is founded.
• Frazer and Ali fight the “Thilla in Manila”
• President Ford escapes 2 assassination attempts!
• 1st Class Stamp is $.10
• The Vietnam War ends as Communist forces take Saigon
• Teamsters Union president Jimmy Hoffa is reported missing.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• MOVIES “Jaws” “One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest”
• Springsteen showed up on the cover of both Newsweek & Time in the same week!
• 8-Track Tapes (Created in 1964 by a consortium led by Bill Lear of Lear Jet Corporation, along with Ampex, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Motorola and RCA.
• “Saturday Night Live” premiers.
• “All in the Family” “Maude” “Lavern & Shirley” & “Sanford & Son”
• Wheel of Fortune premieres on NBC.
• Aristotle Onassis died at age 71, on March 15, 1975 in France
• Rod Serling Died June 28, 1975 He was known as the angry young man of Hollywood, clashing with television executives and sponsors over a wide range of issues including censorship, racism, and anti-war politics.
• Ozzie Nelson Died June 3, 1975, he became an Eagle Scout at 13 and was a recipient of the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award from the Boy Scouts of America.
• This song was written primarily by John Lennon and credited to Lennon–McCartney--Elton John released a cover version as a single.
• It featured backing vocals and guitar by John Lennon under the pseudonym Dr. Winston O'Boogie.
• The single topped the US Billboard pop charts for two weeks in January
• Elton John once said, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is a song that I never do in a set at a concert simply because it reminds me too much of John Lennon. This is the same with Empty Garden".
• It is the only Beatles cover song to reach #1.
• Here’s Elton John doing “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds” the #1 @ 1 from January 1975.