• The US enters a major recession
• George H.W. Bush is Time Magazine’s Man of The Year
• Operation Desert Shield Begins as the United States and UK send troops to Kuwait
• The Saturn range of cars are launched by GM
• President George Bush and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev sign a historic agreement to end production of chemical weapons
• The Space Shuttle Discovery places the Hubble Space Telescope in orbit
FADS and ENTAINMENT
• MOVIES : “Home Alone” “Ghost ” “Dances With Wolves” & “Pretty Woman”
• T.V. : “Cheers,” “60 Minutes,” “Murphy Brown,” “The Cosby Show,” and “Roseanne”
• Americas Favorite animated family "The Simpsons " is aired on Fox for the first time
• Rocker Chuck Berry was accused and sued by several women who claimed that he had installed a video camera in the ladies' bathrooms at two of his St. Louis restaurants.
• Rob and Fabrice, better known as Milli Vanilli, have to return their "Best New Artist" Grammy because they didn't sing on their hit album. They Lip Synced!!!
• World Wide Web/Internet protocol (HTTP) and WWW language (HTML) is created.
• The Sci/Fi Channel starts transmitting on Cable TV
• Parachute pants were the fashion…for really cool people.
• Stevie Ray Vaughan (October 3, 1954 – August 27, 1990) Helicopter Crash
• Jim Henson (September 24, 1936 – May 16, 1990) Pneumonia
• This song is from ZZ Tops Recycler Album.
• This band has become known for its strong blues roots and humorous lyrical motifs, relying heavily on double entendres and innuendo.
• Some of the high honors ZZ Top have achieved include induction into Hollywood's Rock Walk in 1994,the Texas House of Representatives naming them "Official Heroes for the State of Texas”, a declaration of "ZZ Top Day" in Texas by then-governor Ann Richards on May 4, 1991,and induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004.
• This stayed at the number one spot on the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart for Six weeks.
• Here’s ZZ Top with “My Head’s In Mississippi” your #1@1 from December 1990.