• The Unemployment Rate in the US reaches 9.2% and recession is recognized by President Ford.
• The Vietnam War ends as Communist forces take Saigon
• Microsoft is founded.
• Frazer and Ali fight the “Thilla in Manila”
• President Ford escapes 2 assassination attempts!
• 1st Class Stamp is $.10
• Union Teamster Jimmy Hoffa disappeared.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• MOVIES “Jaws,” “The Towering Inferno,” “Young Frankenstein” and “One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest”
• TV : All in the Family” “The Bionic Woman” “Lavern & Shirley” & “Sanford & Son”
• Springsteen showed up on the cover of both Newsweek & Time in the same week!
• 8-Track Tapes (Created in 1964 by a consortium led by Bill Lear of Lear Jet Corporation, along with Ampex, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Motorola and RCA.
• . Kool-Aid man began appearing in commercials for Kool-Aid
• The popular gifts were Mood rings, Pong (home version), Six Million Dollar Man action figures, and Pet Rocks.
• Aristotle Onassis died at age 71, on March 15, 1975 in France
• Rod Serling Died June 28, 1975 He was known as the angry young man of Hollywood, clashing with television executives and sponsors over a wide range of issues including censorship, racism, and anti-war politics.
• Ozzie Nelson Died June 3,1975, he became an Eagle Scout at 13 and was a recipient of the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award from the Boy Scouts of America.
• The band is from Dundee, Scotland
• This song is from their second album, AWB
• The principal composer of the track was founding member and saxophonist Roger Ball.
• It was the group's most successful song, and features one of the most recognizable grooves in funk music. It is essentially an instrumental, apart from the song's title being shouted at several points in the song.
• Here’s The Average White Band with Pick Up The Pieces, Your #1 @ 1 from February 1975