• The Columbine High School Massacre takes place.
• We were madly preparing for Y-2-K bugs
• The world’s population ballooned to over 6 billion people
• The Dow Jones average closed over 10,000 then over 11,000 points for the first time.
• The “Euro” becomes a currency.
• The impeachment of President William Jefferson Clinton begins.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• TV: Family Guy, Futurama, Sponge Bob Square Pants and the Soprano’s
• MOVIES: Fight Club, The Matrix & Office Space premiered at the movies.
• It was the year of the Rabbit and the last year of the decade.
• Michael Jordan & Wayne Gretzky finally retired from they’re respective sports
• Joe DiMaggio: November 25, 1914 – March 8, 1999 a 3-time MVP winner and 13-time All-Star (the only player to be selected for the All-Star Game in every season he played).
• John F. Kennedy Jr.: November 25, 1960 – July 16, 1999
• Walter Payton: July 25, 1954 – November 1, 1999 was known around the NFL as "Sweetness". He is remembered as one of the most prolific running backs in the history of American football, a nine-time Pro Bowl selection, once held the League’s record for most career rushing yards, touchdowns, carries, and many other categories.
• Carlos learned to play the violin at age five and the guitar at age eight.
• Rolling Stone named Santana number 15 on their list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time in 2003.
• After several years spent working as a dishwasher in a diner and busking for spare change, Santana decided to become a full-time musician; in 1966, he formed the Santana Blues Band,
• Clive Davis, who had worked with Santana at Columbia Records, encouraged him to record a star-studded album with mostly younger artists. The result was 1999's Supernatural, which included collaborations with Everlast, Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty, Eric Clapton, Dave Matthews and others.
• Supernatural eventually sold over 15 million copies in the United States, making it Santana's biggest sales success by far.
• Santana w/Rob Thomas this is Smooth, your #1 @ 1 from October 1999.