• Inflation grew as part of the effect to fund the war in Vietnam continued.
• All eyes were looking to the skies as the US and USSR continued in their space race to see who would be first to land a man on the moon.
• Anti-Vietnam War Protests were going on around the world.
• The Miranda Rights come into being.
• Race riots continued to increase across cities in America.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• MOVIES: “A Man For All Seasons” “Thunderball ” and “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?”
• T.V.: Bonanza, The Andy Griffith Show, The Jackie Gleason Show, The Lucy Show, The Red Skelton Show, Bewitched.
• The 8-track was a new-fangled option on many Ford cars.
• Color Television Sets become popular, Pampers create the first disposable Diaper.
• Grammys Awarded: “A Taste Of Honey” Herb Albert is the Record of the Year. Album of the Year was “September of My Years,” Frank Sinatra.
• John Lennon commented that the Beatles were “bigger than Jesus.”
• Stephanie Kwolek invented Kevlar, pound for pound, five times stronger than steel.
• Hotties were Raquel Welch, Barbara Eden, Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Loren, Diana Rigg, Barbara Feldon, Doris Day, Annette Funicello
• Walt Disney
• Montgomery Clift
• Written and recorded by Scottish singer-songwriter Donovan.
• The song was written for Donovan’s future wife Linda Lawrence.
• The lyrics of the song mention not only Superman but also another DC comics superhero, Green Lantern.
• This is Donovan’s only number one single.
• Here’s “Sunshine Superman” your #1 @ 1 from August 1966.