THESE DREAMS – Heart
#1 – March 22nd, 1986
- The space shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after takeoff.
- We would celebrate MLK Day for the first time
- Our first computer virus called “Brain”.
- “We are the World” was recorded to help eliminate world hunger.
- The Voyager 2 space probe makes its first encounter with Uranus.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
- MOVIES: “Platoon” “Top Gun” & “Aliens”
- T.V.: Geraldo Rivera opens Al Capone's secret vault discovering only a bottle of moonshine.
- The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame opened its doors welcoming Elvis, Buddy, Chuck, Fats & the Godfather of Soul.
- A 4th network called Fox debuts.
- Donna Reed, Desi Arnaz, Cary Grant, Phil Lynott, and Benny Goodman,
- The song was originaly offered to Stevie Nicks.
- This song was dedicated (on the album) to Nancy Wilson's good friend Sharon Hess, who died of leukemia shortly before the song was made.
- It was the first song by the band to become a number one hit.
- Here’s Heart with These Dreams the #1 @ 1 from March 1986.