• Indira Gandhi is named the Prime Minister of India.
• Scientists cracked our genetic code
• Miranda v. Arizona: The Supreme Court of the United States rules that the police must inform suspects of their rights before questioning them.
• Lyndon Johnson signs the 1966 Uniform Time Act, dealing with daylight saving time he also signs the Freedom of Information Act, which goes into effect the following year.
• The National Organization for Women (NOW) is founded in Washington, DC
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• MOVIES: “Born Free”, “Grand Prix” & “The Ghost and Mr. Chicken”.
• T.V.: “Bonanza”, “Andy Griffith” and “Bewitched”
• The album Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys is released.
• Bob Dylan's album, Blonde on Blonde is released in the U.S.
• The National Hockey League expands to twelve teams.
• John Lennon proclaimed that the Beatles were “More popular than Jesus”
• The 8-track was a new option on many Ford cars.
• Walt Disney
• Lenny Bruce
• It was released as a "double A-sided" single with "Day Tripper",
• McCartney wrote the words and music with lyrics that "might have been personal" with a reference to his relationship with Jane Asher.
• The song is an example of Lennon–McCartney collaboration.
• The Beatles spent nearly 11 hours recording and producing this song the longest amount of studio time up to that point.
• "We Can Work It Out" was the last of six number one singles in a row.
• Here are The Beatles with “We Can Work It Out” your #1@1 from January 1966.