WILL IT GO ROUND IN CIRCLES – Billy Preston
#1 – July 7th, 1973
- Nuclear Magnesium Resonance had been developed. (We call it MRI for short now)
- The Arab Oil Embargo would get our attention & gasoline prices skyrocketed 80%!
- Spiro T. Agnew was out as VP and Gerald Ford was in.
- A cease-fire was called in the Viet Nam conflict and the first American prisoners of war began to come home.
- The government mandated 5 MPH bumpers on all new cars.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
- MOVIES: “The Sting” “American Graffiti” and “The Exorcist”
- T.V.: “6 Million Dollar Man” “Kojak” & “Schoolhouse Rock”.
- A horse nicknamed “Big Red” (Secretariat) won the Triple Crown.
- Major League Baseball unveiled the “Designated Hitter”.
- The Cuisinart Food Processor hits the market.
- Pablo Picasso: (25 October 1881 – 8 April 1973)
- Bruce Lee: (Born Lee Jun Fan November 27, 1940 – July 20, 1973) Lee collapsed in Golden Harvest studios while doing dubbing work for the movie Enter the Dragon.
- Jim Croce: (January 10, 1943 – September 20, 1973) He died in a plane crash at the age of 30.
- J.R.R. Tolkien: (January 3,1892 – September 2,1973) He was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II on 28 March 1972.
- Billy Preston (September 2, 1946 – June 6, 2006)
- A child prodigy that played with the likes of Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, the Jackson 5 and who was widely considered, even by the Beatles themselves, to be the 5th Beatle.
- Preston first met The Beatles in 1962 while part of Little Richard's touring band, when their manager Brian Epstein organized a Liverpool show, which The Beatles opened.
- This was his first trip to the #1 spot, here’s Billy Preston & “Will It Go Round In Circles”
- Your #1 @ 1 from July 1973.