YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME – Bon Jovi
#1 – November 29th, 1986
- The space shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after launch killing all 7 astronauts.
- Microsoft came out with Windows.
- Nintendo introduced
- Haley’s Comet came back. (It is visible from Earth every 75 to 76 years and will next appear in mid-2061.)
- 1986 was the International Year of Peace.
- Ferdinand & Emelda Marco flee the Philippines.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
- Movies: “Platoon” “Top Gun” & “Aliens”
- T.V.: “Pee Wee’s Playhouse” “L.A. Law” and Oprah Winfrey
- The first PC virus, Brain, starts to spread.
- Levi’s “Dockers” show up in stores.
- Hands Across America from NYC to the California coast to help fight hunger & homelessness
- Celebrities around the globe record “We Are The World”
- Donna Reed
- Desi Arnaz
- Cary Grant
- From the album Slippery When Wet (Sold over 28 million copies worldwide)
- It was named the top selling album of 1987 by Billboard,and is currently the 21st best-selling studio album of all time.
- The album went through various name changes during its inception. The album's working titles were “Wanted Dead or Alive” and “Guns N' Roses”; later the band decided to name the album “Slippery When Wet” after visiting strip clubs in Vancouver.
- His mother is one-time Playboy bunny Carol Sharkey. (Not a centerfold)
- Bon Jovi and “You Give Love a Bad Name Your” #1 @ 1 from November 1986.