A new study has found that eating asparagus may help guard against a hangover.
Researchers have found that the amino acids and minerals found in asparagus may alleviate alcohol hangover and protect liver cells against toxins.
Sure, it makes your pee smell … but that’s a small price to pay for getting through the post-party fog, feeling great and without the headaches and nausea of your hangover. (UPI)
OKAY CAN'T STOMACH ASPARAGUS? TRY THESE:
British scientists have figured out the best food for a hangover. And, sorry, vegetarians, you're out of luck.It's bacon!
According to Elin Roberts of Newcastle University's Center for Life, "Bacon is full of protein, which breaks down into amino acids. Your body needs these amino acids, so eating them will make you feel good."
Plus it's got something called amines, which help restore the neurotransmitters you flushed away after your fourth glass of Cab.
No time to fry up a pound of bacon? Then how about these proven cures:
- Drink lots of water before bed: Dehydration is the cause of a hangover, so fight it head on with lots of water. Or better yet, drink a glass of water in between every cocktail and you will be feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning!
- Drink coconut water: Coconut water is nature's Gatorade. It replenishes electrolytes, which prevents dehydration.
- Eggs for breakfast: Eggs contain cystein, an amino acid vital to detoxing.
- B Complex Vitamins: A recent study has found that B vitamins can help fight hangovers by restoring energy to your sluggish body.
- Sleep: When all else fails sleep is the best remedy (Shine)
Isn't it amazing that after thousands of years of enjoying alcoholic beverages, the human race is still trying to find a hangover cure that works?
We drink jugs of water, eat greasy foods and down painkillers, but maybe there's a more effective cure.
Here's a list of five more hangover cures that you should try....who knows maybe you already have tried them--I keep finding more and more "cures" but some are just gross Raw egg? I'm gagging now! (maybe that's the point!) It's probably too late to find the Berocca Vitamins unless you have an -in with someone from the UK. But I will continue to post these cures as I find them.
- B-6 or B-12 Vitamins -- Part of the reason why you feel lousy after a night of drinking is that your body can't absorb these particular vitamins. Supplements will keep that from happening.
- Berocca Multi-Vitamins -- You'll have to make an effort to get these because they're not yet available in the U.S., but these vitamins made by Bayer are all the rage in the UK.
- Raw Egg and Tomato Juice -- If you're really worried about taste, then you wouldn't have drunk half the stuff you did the night before. But the Vitamin-C in the tomato juice and the protein in the eggs is great for a hangover.
- Prickly Pear Cactus -- The extract of the fruit that grows on cacti is said to be great at curing nausea.
- Lots of Sex -- We bet you didn't expect this one, but getting the heart rate going when you wake up hung-over will pump those toxins out of your blood.
Source: The Campus Socialite
And there's more: This one is a 2 part-er Before and During ....
- Abstain --Don't drink before it's really time to start drinking. Save it for the big moment.
- Eat -- The best foods to eat before drinking contain a lot of carbs and protein and are fatty. These foods help slow down the rate at which alcohol absorbs into your bloodstream.
- Take a multivitamin --Alcohol depletes your body of essential vitamins, so take a multivitamin before or after you drink to help you feel better the next day.
- Pace yourself -- This one is obvious. The benefits are that you won't spend as much money and you won't feel as sick the next day. You'll also be more aware and more likely to not make a fool out of yourself.
- Stick to beer (or clear spirits) -- Don't mix your drinks. It's bad news for the next day .. or even for that night.
- Avoid carbonation -- Carbonation in drinks speeds up the process of getting drunk and sick. Try mixing alcohol with fruit juices or water.
- Sip water between drinks -- Take in as much water as you can while drinking. It's important to stay hydrated.
Yeah but how do they cure a hangover in Poland? or Russia they drink a lot there....
HOW THE WORLD CURES HANGOVERS
According to National Geographic magazine, here's how the rest of the world attempts to cure their hangovers:
Germany -- Pickled Herring
China -- Strong Green Tea
Romania -- Tripe Soup (made from the stomach of sheep. Yum.)
Japan -- Pickled Plums
Poland -- Pickle Juice
Russia -- Leafy Birch BranchesWhat? Leafy Birch Branches?! Pickle Juice NO WAY!!!!!Just give me some coffee and a painreliever PLEASE!!!WITH THAT IN MIND I FOUND THIS TO WRAP UP THIS BLOG POST...
WORST HANGOVER REMEDIES
There are some sound, responsible ways to clean out your system -- and then there are some stupid things to try.
Here are a few hangover remedies you should avoid at all costs:
1. Pickle Juice: Packed full of salt, this popular Polish remedy replenishes your system with much-needed electrolytes, which helps stop your throbbing headache. But really ... chugging a jar of green pickle juice might be enough to make you puke more than the alcohol poisoning. I THOUGHT SO!
2. Body Burial: Some Irishmen are convinced that burying yourself up to your neck in river sand cures hangovers. Sounds like a lot of work to do when popping some Advil might be all you need.
3. Tripe Soup: This stuff is made from the lining of a cow's stomach and spiced with chilies and garlic. Romanians and Mexicans swear by it. Let them. REALLY! GAGGING JUST READING ABOUT IT!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!