1. Be open. Be open to the idea of love. Don't close yourself off.
2. Be clear about what you're looking for. Whether you want a hookup or relationship, you need to know what you want in order to find people who want the same things.
3. No one's perfect. Don't have expectations that no one can rise to.
4. Get out there. Go to a lot of social events where you can meet people. Join a club. Do something where you are surrounded by people and have a greater chance of meeting someone ... or at least someone who can introduce you to the right person.
5. Network. See if your friends, family or co-workers know of any single guys who want to go on a date. You never know what could happen.
6. Get Online. Don't knock online dating till you've tried it. A lot of people really do meet that way.
7. Have fun. Be happy and fun on the date ... and there's more of a chance you will go on another.
8. Have a positive attitude. Don't just stop trying if you don't meet someone right away. It takes time, and the right person could be around the corner. (YourTango)
If you are entering the New Year single, why not open up your dating pool by trying internet dating?! Most singles have a profile on one or more of these Top 10 most popular dating sites of 2012:
- SinglesNet (Shine)
I know of people who have tried these sites and have had some success and not such great experiences...but you never know unless you open yourself up to new experiences?!? I have only done speed dating in the past...and was not unhappy with that outcome.
Here are a few rules for those of us going into 2013 without a significant other:
Go the whole first date without bringing up your exes.
Don't pester him about his exes.
No stalking exes online (That means you, Facebook!)
Only hook up with someone when you want to -- not just because he wants to.
Do not ditch your friends every time a guy comes around. (YourTango.com)Great rules to live by!