- Lose weight
- Stop smoking
- Stop drinking
- Exercise more
- Relax more
- Get organized
- Get out of debt
- Spend more time with family
While these resolutions might be nice and might improve people's lives, they're also boring.
This year, instead of picking the usual, boring resolution − that you're not going to follow through with anyway − why not pick something fun?
To really make 2013 a year to remember, you could ...
- Get a tattoo.
- Have someone else pick a resolution for you.
- Ignore everyone you can't stand until they leave you alone for good.
- Travel to a non-English-speaking country with no grand plan.
- Decide to tell nothing but the truth, regardless of the consequences.
- Eat nothing but your favorite food for a month.
- Rent a sports car for a week. (Wall Street Journal)
Okay the above 7 could be risky and possibly life threatening...lol... let's be real for a minute please and check out these suggestions for resolutions:
- Cultivate your creativity – You know that memoir you wanted to write or those improv classes you wanted to take? Do it!
- Be nicer – It takes so little energy to do something nice for someone else ... and you really will be making the world a better place.
- Get down more – You want more love in your life, but that can also mean the physical kind. Don't forget to keep the passion up and get down in the bedroom more this year! (Yahoo)
KEEPING YOUR RESOLUTIONS
It's that time of year again − time when we make those New Year's resolutions and vow that THIS is the year that we are going to keep them!
But the fact is that very few of us keep our resolutions. In fact, studies show that a whopping 85% of people don't keep their resolutions for very long.
Want to beat the odds this year? First off you'll have a higher success rate if you pick just oneresolution. And second, you need to start over again if you cheat. Too many people just throw in the towel once they slip. (LifeHack.org)