John Lennon was a big cat lover, and MentalFloss.com has compiled a list of all his cats. Among them were:
- Jesus, which he had in the later days of The Beatles and which he named after his comment that the band was "bigger than Jesus."
- A pair of black and white cats called Salt and Pepper.
- Two rescued strays named Major and Minor.
- Mimi, named after his Aunt Mimi.
- Alice, who died when she jumped out the window of the Dakota in New York City.
- His very first cat, named Elvis Presley.
While married to his first wife, Cynthia, Lennon reportedly had 10 cats. He also had two dogs -- Sally and Bernard.