Deep Purple has a few archival releases on the way.
The first is Perfect Strangers Live, a CD and DVD collection from Eagle Rock that will be out on October 15th. Recorded in Melbourne, Australia in 1984, Perfect Strangers Live is the only full-length concert film of the band’s most famous lineup from this time.
And in the pipeline for next year is a 40th anniversary edition of Made in Japan. It will feature a new documentary on the band’s 1972 lineup, plus more than 20 minutes of eight-millimeter silent film shot in Tokyo on August 17, 1972 and synchronized with the audio track.
The British music magazine NME is running a readers’ poll of the greatest live albums of all time, and Made in Japan is in the lead.
- Deep Purple - Made in Japan
- Pink Floyd - Pulse
- The Who - Live at Leeds
- Iron Maiden - Live After Death
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - One More From the Road
- Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same
- Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous
- Motorhead - No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith
- Tom Waits - Glitter and Doom Live
- AC/DC - If You Want Blood