• President Ford escapes 2 assassination attempts!
• The Viet Nam war comes to an end.
• The Weather Underground bombs the U.S. State Department main office in Washington, D.C..
• Microsoft is founded.
• The Altair 8800 is released, sparking the microcomputer revolution.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• MOVIES: “Jaws” “One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest”.
• T.V.: “All in the Family”, “Maude”, “Lavern & Shirley”, “Sanford & Son” and “Saturday Night Live”
• Springsteen showed up on the cover of both Newsweek & Time in the same week.
• Elton John got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
• Frazier and Muhammad Ali fought the “Thriller in Manila”
• Charlie Chaplin is knighted by Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom.
• Kids were playing with the home version of Pong), Six Million Dollar Man action figures, and Pet Rocks.
• Travis Walton claims to have been abducted by a UFO on November 5, 1975 while working with a logging crew in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest in Arizona. Walton could not be found, but reappeared after five days of intensive searches.
• The ASU football team won the Fiesta Bowl in 1975.
• Aristotle Onassis
• Rod Serling
• Ozzie Nelson
• This is the title track from the Eagles fourth studio album.
• It’s the last album to feature Bernie Leadon.
• The album would become the band’s breakthrough album, transforming them to international superstars and establishing them as America’s number one band.
• The band would go on a worldwide tour to promote the album; Fleetwood Mac opened for the band during the tour.
• Don Henley is lead vocalist on the verses, while Randy Meisner sings high harmony, it also features a guitar solo from Don Felder .
• Here’s “One of These Nights” from The Eagles your #1@1 from August 1975.