Seven Quirky Easter Facts
1. Kiddos prefer red jellybeans to all the other colors. Who woulda thunk it?
2. Easter is second to Halloween in candy-giving.
3. Eggs and fluffy wuffy bunny rabbits are associated with Easter due to their association with fertility. Bunnies procreate rapidly and the egg is a fertility symbol.
4. Adults go for milk chocolate over the darker variety. However, the darker the chocolate is, the better it is for you.
5. Every year, the White House hosts a ginormous Easter Egg hunt on the front lawn. The event has taken place since 1878. That's a lot of eggs.
6. People have been giving eggs around Easter time for a long time. In fact, the ancient Egyptians, Persians, Greeks and Romans all did it.
7. When devouring a delicious chocolate bunny, 76 percent of Americans go for the ears first.