~~6 Ways to Clear Negative Energy
"Have you ever walked into a room and felt the negative energy hit you like a ton of bricks? Or had an argument with someone and felt the tension in the air? If you are sensitive like me, then you could possibly even absorb this negative energy if you don’t protect yourself. Here are some ways that I use to get rid or prevent negative energy.
1. Smudging. Incense are correlated with hippies in the 60′s, but they actually had something there. They were all about harmony, peace and love, right? Burning incense, sage, mugwort, and sandalwood sticks are tools used in North American Native Traditions, specifically those that include Shamanism. With sage in hand or whatever is your choice, go around and let the smoke get to every corner of your house. Most importantly sage yourself and don’t forget to go under your feet.
In the Renaissance, courtesans even used to stand over burning sage to clear their (hooha) between men.
2. Bells. The ringing of bells is a common Feng Shui tool known to literally vibrate the negative energies into alignment, creating a positive flow. Ring the bell throughout your house or specifically where a negative situation happened.
Raising your glasses and “clinking” them was originated in the Middle Ages when they believed that alcoholic drinks actually contained spirits and the “clinking” of the glasses was thought to rid the alcohol of any spirits, making it safe to drink.
3. Salt water baths. Ever notice how happy surfers are or people living by the ocean? Maybe it’s because they are cleared from negative energy on a regular basis by the ocean water. If you don’t have access to the ocean, take a bath. Get a handful of unprocessed seal salt. Don’t use table salt! Set an intention to release all negativity while you are soaking and notice how amazing cleansing your body and aura make you feel.
4. Crystals. There are so many different types of crystals to help dispel, absorb, and remove negative energy. You can wear them as jewelry or keep them in your home. Some of my favorite are Amethyst, Chlorite in Quartz, and Citrine.
6. Protect yourself. The best tool I use is to imagine a force field around my entire body. I like to imagine them being mirrors facing outward. Kind of like the grade school term, whatever you say to me, bounces off of me and sticks to you like glue. I especially love this for kids. To teach them to protect themselves from negative energy at an early age. I always tell my son that, the bugs always go to the light.
With these tool you can help yourself and your family be protected and repel negative energy."
SOURCE: Blogspot Jenny Anderson, November 2012