Sting tops celebrity birthdays for October 2
‘The Police’ front man Sting has two things to celebrate; the release of his new album ‘The Last Ship’ and turning 62. Perhaps known for his early reggae style hit ‘Roxanne’ here are some facts about the singer you may have not known about.
- His real name is Gordon Sumner, but changed it to Sting to give himself more of a stage persona, like Alice Cooper or David Bowie.
- Before he became famous as the front man to the popular band, Sting used to edliver milk with his father in the wee hours of the morning.
- Sting has not only been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but was also inducted into Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2002.
- He has been married to actress Trudie Styler (Snatch) since 1991. They have a 17-year-old son together, Giacomo Luke Sumner.
- In addition to his long music career, Sting has been in a number of award nominated films, including Lon: The Professional and has written for late night shows like Late Show with David Letterman and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
I love how STING celebrated his 40th Birthday years ago at The Greek Theatre along with UB40! clever clever! =)
SOURCE: Toronto Sun