QUIZ TIME with Randi~~
Route 66″ has become a classic in American music. This quiz involves some song facts about the tune and the state it heralds.”
15 Points Per Correct Answer – No time limit
1. Originally titled “(Get Your Kicks On) Route 66″, the song was composed in 1946 by Bobby Troup while he and his wife, Cynthia, drove along the road on the way to California. Which artist was the first to release the song the same year in the US?
Bing Crosby and The Jesters
Nat King Cole
2. According to the song where did the highway begin?
3. According to the lyrics what kind of tip was the singer providing?
4. What are the two towns that mentioned in the song while going through Missouri?
Springfield and St. Louis
Jefferson City and Joplin
Joplin and Springfield
St. Louis and Joplin
5. (Get Your Kicks on) Route 66” mentions the town of Winona. In which state would you be passing through to stop at Winona?
6. Which is the only town mentioned while passing through Texas?
7. The producers of the television show, “Route 66” used “(Get Your Kicks On) Route 66” as the theme song for the first season.
8. Which actor from the television series “Route 66” recorded a single of “Route 66” in 1962?
9. Which British group recorded a version of “(Get Your Kicks On) Route 66” as “Route 66” on their 1964 US debut album, “England’s Newest Hit Makers”?
The Rolling Stones
10. Which is the only town in New Mexico mentioned in the lyrics to “(Get Your Kicks On) Route 66”?