The Beatles‘ contribution to this year’s holiday gift giving guide is available — an expanded reissue of 1, the 15-year-old collection of the group’s number-one hits. Retitled 1+, it combines the original release’s 27 songs with a second disc of video clips.
Among the standouts:
- “From Me to You” — filmed at the November 1963 Royal Variety Show in London.
- “Eight Days a Week” – newly edited with footage from the August 1965 concert at Shea Stadium in New York.
- “Yesterday” – taken from an Ed Sullivan Show performance in September 1965.
- “Paperback Writer” – shot in West London by director Michael Lindsay-Hogg.
- “Get Back” – from the legendary rooftop concert in January 1969.
- “The Long and Winding Road” – from the movie Let It Be.
Paul and Ringo provide audio commentary and filmed introductions to go with four of the videos.
The 1+ deluxe edition has a 124-page illustrated hardcover book. The set will also be sold as a 27-song audio-only CD, with plans for vinyl in the near future.