LENNON, COBAIN, ELVIS: More Collectables Head to Auction
Items from James Brown, Bono, Todd Rundgren and Whitney Houston are also included in the November bidding at Julien’s of Beverly Hills.
A pair of John Lennon‘s wire-frame glasses, guitars played in concert by Todd Rundgren and Bono and a shirt worn on stage by Kurt Cobain highlight the November 7th and 8th auction at Julien’s of Beverly Hills.
According to BroadwayWorld.com, the sale also includes the personal collections of Madonna and Heart‘s Ann and Nancy Wilson, Whitney Houston‘s cat suit, a James Brown stage cape and range of Elvis Presley personal items, including an overcoat, and deerskin leather ensemble and a pair of his TCB eyeglasses.
If you dream of owning rock memorabilia of this caliber, it won’t come cheap:
- Lennon’s glasses carry an estimated value of $20,000 – $40,000
- Bono’s guitar falls in the $20,000 – $30,000 range.
- Elvis’s overcoat should go for $15,000 – $20,000; his glasses should fetch between $8,000 – $12,000
- Cobain’s shirt is expected to fetch $3,000 – $5,000; same for Brown’s cape.
- Houston’s cat suit is estimated to go for between $2,000 – $3,000.
- Bono’s signed and played “Irish Falcon” Gretsch guitar (Estimate: $20,000-$30,000)
Also included are items from Mick Jagger, Michael Jackson, Prince, Cher, Johnny Cash, The Grateful Dead and Liberace.