• Munich Massacre takes place during the summer Olympics.
• The Watergate break-in takes place.
• George Wallace is shot.
• President Nixon orders the development of the “Space Shuttle”
• Mariner 9 sent back the first pictures of Mars.
• The last manned mission to the moon, Apollo 17 comes back to earth.
• Nixon goes to the Soviet Union…the first president to do so.
• A program code for “E-Mail” was written.
FADS and ENTERTAINMENT
• MOVIES: “The Godfather” “Deliverance” along with “Deep Throat” are, literally, the hottest films of the time.
• T.V.: “Sanford and Son”, “Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids”, “M*A*S*H” “The Bob Newhart Show”.
• Video games named Odyssey & Atari could now be hooked up to your home TV so you could play “Pong”.
• The first pocket calculator could be yours for a cool $100.
• McDonalds put breakfast in the palm of our hands by introducing the “Egg McMuffin”.
• Pink Floyd releases “Dark Side of the Moon”.
• This song is the title track to an album singer Johnny Nash.
• Born in Houston Texas, he was the first non-Jamaican to record reggae.
• Nash’s backing band for the album was the Jamaican reggae group Fabulous Five Inc..
• One of the first to introduce Jamaican music to American audiences.
• This was one of the first songs to introduce Jamaican music to American audiences.
• Here’s Johnny Nash with “I Can See Clearly Now” Your Number 1 at 1 from November of 1972.