KSLX – LANDINGS CREDIT UNION TEACHER OF THE YEAR CONTEST
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. We are looking for stories about Preschool-12 teachers who stand out in the classroom and make a difference in their child’s world. In order to enter, log on to www.kslx.com from 12:00:01 a.m. (PT) on Monday, January 6, 2014, through 11:59:59 pm (PT) on Saturday, May 31, 2014, and click on the “Free Stuff” icon, and then click on the “Teacher of the Year” icon and complete the entry, which must include your name, telephone number, email address, along with the full name of the Preschool-12 teacher you are nominating, the school name/grade/subject taught at the school he/she teaches at, and the reason you are nominating this teacher in 250 words or less. Preschool-12 teachers may be nominated by students, fellow teachers, co-workers, friends, parents, spouses, etc., and must teach in the greater Phoenix area. A teacher may not nominate himself/herself. KSLX-FM is not responsible for problems accessing the website, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this contest. Listeners may enter this contest more than once, but may only nominate any given teacher once.
- HOW THE WINNERS ARE CHOSEN: From all eligible entries received, there will be one winner chosen each month (“Finalist(s)”). Finalists will be chosen/announced on the following dates: Friday, February 7, 2014; Tuesday, March 11, 2104; Tuesday, April 15, 2014; Tuesday, May 13, 2014; and Wednesday, June 11, 2014. The Finalists will be chosen by a panel of judges consisting of employees from KSLX and Landings Credit Union, in their sole and absolute discretion, and will be based on the following judging criteria: teacher’s overall involvement with students, what he/she has done “above and beyond the call of duty,” impact on student’s lives and dedication to the teaching profession. The top scoring teacher nominated each month will be deemed that month’s Finalist, and will be in the running to become the Teacher of the Year and eligible to win the grand prize described in Paragraph 3 below. The Teacher of the Year will be chosen from the five (5) Finalists by a panel of judges consisting of employees from KSLX and Landings Credit Union, in their sole and absolute discretion, and will be based on the following judging criteria: teacher’s overall involvement with students, what he/she has done “above and beyond the call of duty,” impact on student’s lives and dedication to the teaching profession. The Finalist with the highest score from among all the Finalists will be announced on Friday, June 13, 2014.
Finalist Prizes: There will be five (5) Finalist winners. Each Finalist will receive an engraved plaque recognizing him/her as KSLX’s Teacher of the Year Finalist (Value: $50) and an Apple® iPad® Air with Wi-Fi, 16GB, White, Model No: MD788LL/A SKU: 2579045 (Value: $549). Any warranties and guarantees are strictly limited to the manufacturer’s.
Grand Prize Winner. There will be one grand prize awarded. In addition to the Finalist prize, the grand prize winner will be deemed the Teacher of the Year, and will receive a Masters in Education scholarship to Grand Canyon University (“GCU”) valued at $25,000. The following restrictions apply regarding this prize:
a. The GCU scholarship is for a College of Education Master level program through GCU’s online or evening cohort offerings.
b. Currently enrolled students are not eligible for this scholarship.
c. Fees and books will not be included in this offer and will need to be paid by the winner.
d. The scholarship will be applied to the winner’s tuition on a course by course basis and only as long as the student remains continuously enrolled in the program and takes the required courses necessary to complete the program. Continuously enrolled is defined as no breaks greater than fourteen (14) days, unless an approved leave of absence has been granted by GCU. If the student/winner does not maintain continuous enrollment, the student/winner will no longer be eligible for the scholarship. If the winner becomes ineligible for the prize, the winner/student will not be obligated to reimburse GCU for any completed courses up to the time the winner becomes ineligible.
e. The student/winner must meet all enrollment and admission requirements found in the current GCU catalog for the degree selected and as a Master’s student; the student must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA throughout the program.
f. The student/winner may begin class upon completion of all required application and registration materials. Formal admission will occur when all required transcripts have been evaluated and the student receives an admission letter from the Registrar.
g. The is a one-time scholarship and is not trasnferable to any other student.
h. The winner of this scholarship award is solely responsible for any tax liability arising from acceptance of the scholarship.
i. The student/winner must begin the program on or before December 31, 2014, and complete the selected degree program wthin two (2) years of the start date of the first course.
A qualified winner must also meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 5 of these rules. The prizes winners are responsible for all applicable income taxes. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities.
4. CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE:
Finalist Prizes: The Finalist prizes will be delivered to the winning teacher’s school.
Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner must claim his/her prize in person at the KSLX Studios, 4343 Camelback Road, Suite 200, Phoenix, Arizona 85018, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within ten (10) business days after the day he or she wins. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize.
Each winner must prove he/she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to KSLX (e.g., state drivers license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of KS95. The grand prize will not be issued to the winner unless a social security number is presented.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 21 years or older, residents of Arizona and a U. S. citizen teaching at a pre-school-12 school in the state of Arizona. Employees of Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC, Landings Credit Union and Grand Canyon University, or any other Phoenix area radio or television station, or any of their subsidiaries, and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this sweepstakes in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this sweepstakes and from participating in any Hubbard Radio Phoenix contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year.
6. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: Each winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility. Each winner (a) agrees to release and indemnify Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC, Landings Credit Union and Grand Canyon University (including their officers, directors, employees and subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize(s), (b) agrees that no sponsors or agents have made any representation, warranty or guaranty relative to the prize, and (c) consents to the use by the sponsors of this contest for promotional purposes only of her likeness and/or voice, contest entry (which may be read on the air and posted on the KSLX website, along with a picture of each “Teacher of the Month”), and address (city and state) without any additional compensation. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to be bound by these official rules, including the above release.
7. WINNER LIST: For the names of the winners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope before July 15, 2014, to Winners List, Teacher of the Year Contest, KSLX, 4343 Camelback Road, Suite 200, Phoenix, Arizona 85018.
Decisions of the sponsors concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. The sponsors reserve the right to change these rules, as well as the terms and conditions of this contest, without notice. If the sponsors determine in their sole discretion that the integrity or fairness of this contest has been corrupted in any manner, the sponsors reserve the right to terminate the contest and to select a winner from among entries legitimately received prior to termination. The sponsors reserve the right to change the prize values at any time, or to substitute prizes of comparable value. Contest void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. The sponsors are not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these rules.
Rules are subject to change.